The eighth installment of the Birmingham Boardgame Bash will take place at the Meeple Mayhem boardgame cafe from midday on Saturday 18th May. We have a roster of both familiar and new designers bringing their games for you to try out.
Those from afar…
- James Naylor was not able to make it to BBB7, but will be joining us this time with his game, Magnate: The First City, which wiill be on Kickstarter later this year. In this mid-weight, 90-150 minute strategy game for 1-5 players, you’re a property developer out to make as much money as you can in a city-wide property boom. To win, you’ll need to snap up valuable plots of land and make strategic choices about what to build on them from a range of realistic 3D commercial, industrial and residential buildings: all in the hopes of attracting high value tenants.
- Tom Cockeram is coming down all the way from Preston and will have a large selection of game including:
- A 3D-printed game on rail journeys during the industrial revolution, co-created with a class of 11 year olds as a way of studying history, geography and English. 2-6 players, educational/euro game, 20-40 mins.
- Gribblies, a mashup monster combat card game where you have to construct abominations from segments of beasts, bugs or bots and then loose them on your opponent. 2 players, 5-10 mins.
- An asymmetrical Ecosystem game made for a modular gaming system Tom is working on for his MA in Product Design. Play as either Rabbits, Foxes or Foliage to prepare for winter, with each player having a unique goal and moveset but affecting each other. 3 players, 30-60 mins.
- Tom Lovewell will be returning for the first time since BBB5, and is bringing Six Gun Showdown (coming soon to Kickstarter), which will entertain up to 6 players for 75-90 minutes.
- Pavel Shorikov is back with another game: Stalker: blood, greed ‘n’ guts is a squad-based tactical RPG set in the Crisis Zone around the Chernobyl nuclear plant in an alternative 2016 AD.
Those from Brum…
- Andy Hopwood is back with the final prototype Daring Dust Bunnies, a game featuring fluffballs trying to avoid their arch enemy the vacuum cleaner through a challenging landscape of furniture, rugs and pets. 2-6 players, 20-30 minutes, ages 8+.
- Tom Holness, has been to the Bash as a player, but this will be his first time as a designer bringing his own game. Deckchairs on the Titanic is an abstract/euro game for 2-4 players and lasts 20-45 minutes.
- Designer James Flanagan will be making his debut at the Bash with Dodgy Dragons: embrace your devious side in this gold stealing, treasure destroying card game.
Leave a Reply